Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Eleven

To serve others willingly and unselfishly should be one of our greatest virtues. It is not even a matter of choice. It is an obligation, a sacred command...Therefore, let us serve one another with brotherly love, never tiring of the demands upon us, being patient and persevering and generous.

Read: His Hands
His Hands

His Hands tools of creation, Stronger than nations
Power without end, And yet through them We find our truest Friend

His Hands Sermons of kindness Healing men's blindness
Halting years of pain, children waiting To be held again

His Hand would serve His whole life though
Showing man what hands might do, Giving, ever giving endlessly

Each day was filled with selflessness, And I'll not rest
Til I make my hands what they could be, Like the ones from Galilee

His Hands Warming a beggar, Lifting a leper
Calling back the dead, Breaking bread Five thousand fed

His hands Hushing contention, Pointing to Heaven Ever free of sin
Then bidding man to follow Him

They take His hands, His mighty hands
Those gentle hands and then they pierce them
They pierce them, He lets them because of love

From birth to death was selflessness and clearly now
I see Him with His hands calling to me
and though I'm not yet how I could be,
I will make My hands like those from Galilee
Questions to ponder:
· How does the Lord want me to serve?
· Is the Lord first in my life?
· What am I doing to build up the Lord and His Kingdom?
· How do I really feel about the service I give others?
· Does serving the Lord make me happy?
Scriptures to Read: D & C 4, Moroni 7:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment