Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Seven

Read: Myself

I have to live with myself, and so---
I want to be fit for myself to know.
I want to be able as the days go by
Always to look myself straight in the eye.
I don't want to stand with the setting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done.
I don't want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself---
And fool myself as I come and go
Into thinking that nobody else will know,
The kind of man (or woman) I really am.
I don't want to dress myself in shame.
I want to go out with my head erect;
I want to deserve all men's respect.
And, here in the struggle for fame and pelf
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to think, as I come and go
That I am bluster and bluff and empty show.
I can never hide myself from me
I see what others may never see;
I know what others may never know
I can never fool myself!And so---
Whatever happens I want to be
Self respecting and conscience free!!!

---EA Guest


Questions to ponder:

· How can I improve my thoughts?
· Do I really want to keep all idle, unclean or negative thoughts out of my mind?
· Do my thoughts affect my attitude?
· Am I fit for myself to know?


Scriptures to read: D & C 6:16, Alma 37:35-37, D & C 121:45-46

No comments:

Post a Comment